Monday, August 24, 2009

The One where I go on and on about Miss Universe 2009

Yes, I am lucky, lucky. I have one more day off than the average Singaporean. And that one day gave me a chance to watch the Miss Universe pageant 2009.

I love the pageant, cuz it seems like a fairytale come true (And no, I will never join one. And I know that I don't meet the height or weight or body requirement), what with all the glitz, glamour and curly hair (CURLs are so in... everyone has them. I only saw one short hair girl, I think Miss Columbia?).

Observation 1: CURLY HAIR
Observation 2: Miss Kosovo really looks like Audrey Hepburn.
Observation 3: There were no Asians in the top 15. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU JUDGES?!
Observation 4: Miss Photogenic is always won by either Miss Thailand or Miss Phillipines. I guess people in Asia go online very often.
Observation 5: Out of the top 5 contestants, I think only Miss Australia could speak perfect English. The rest needed translators. And if English was/is the universal language, the new Miss Universe (Miss Venezuela) had better learn fast.
Observation 6: Miss Universe 2008 (Venezuela too!) was so excited about her compatriot winning the crown that she threw the crown on her head causing it to drop on the floor and jumped around like a little girl. Where is the poise, my dear?
Observation 7: It's related to Observation 6. Venezuelans have a lot of national pride. When asked what is her most memorable moment during her reign, Miss Universe 2008 said that it was bringing the crown back to her country after 12 years. O-K-A-Y. Enough patriotism already. What about using the title to help poor, traumatised people or something?
Observation 8: I think Miss Australia has a tummy (I'm being mean at this point) and so do a lot of other contestants. But I'm sure it's all about a healthy body image nowadays what with anorexia and all that.

I think everybody should be given the same question and have their ears covered so that they can't hear each others answers. That would be fairer. And it's so fun thinking for the contestants what would be a better answer and giving a "huh?" look when you felt that they didn't answer the question.

And I will always, always be proud of Miss Universe 2007, Riyo from Japan. =D
Oh well, till next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home