Thursday, July 30, 2009

Public Enemies

Fionne said Public Enemies was a good movie so BF and me went to catch it.

We didn't really like it.

BF felt that there was no climax and that the show was proceeding at a slow and steady pace. How exciting to document the life of a mob boss in this way.

I liked Johnny Depp though. If it wouldn't for Johnny Depp, the movie would go totally downhill. Although a clean-shaven handsome Johnny Depp is not something I'm used to. I'm more used to him having a moustache and looking all disheveled - blame it on Captain Sparrow. But he is such a fantastic actor. And he was romantic - in a stupid way, believing he was god. I particularly liked the scene where Johnny went to the Chicago Criminal Bureau and sought the department after him, smirking in that clever way of his. So cute. =)

And there was no psychological analysis of Melvin Purvis in the movie - to show why two years later he shot himself.

The choice of leading actress also wasn't very smart. Yes, I know she is a famous French actress who won an Oscar, but isn't she a tad too old (And yes, I am very particular about Jie Di Lian, just because I look older too). No wonder Johnny had to keep a moustache.

At least the length of the movie justified me paying for a ticket.

Poor poor Prince Edward. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home