Leading the slow life
On this wet Friday, I think about the perfect sunny weather in Trang, Thailand and wished I was back within those surroundings, away from the hustle, bustle and reality of my life. The suite stay which we won was fabulous. The place - tranquil, calming and just a tad too slow. I loved how I had nothing to do and nowhere to rush to. I loved just lazing around in the pool, watching dvds on the dvd player, soaking in the bath tub, whiling away the endless time. Of course thankfully, we brought our netbooks there and they had wireless (a pity we had to get the wireless only from the lobby), so that we could constantly download shows and while away time online cuz too much tranquility gets a tad boring for city people like us.
Room service was expensive by Thailand standards, but the food (mostly western) was alright, if not a tad too salty. Breakfast every morning was wonderful, because it's continental buffet-style and it's FREE. So it always manages to be the biggest meal of our day. I love the fact that our suite had two sinks. How thoughtful. :) We brought cup noodles, so sometimes cup noodles became a part of our meals. And sometimes we took free shuttles out for a meal outside. Trang is sort of like our East Coast Beach and people don't really speak English or understand English there. Even in the resort, only some of them could converse well in English. So it's definitely not a tourist trap. It's about an hour and a half drive away from Krabi International Airport and our resort faces the Andaman Sea, which is beautiful. We had the most amazing time just looking at sunsets.
We are so used to our iPhones, our netbooks, the internet, the use of English, newspapers... but it's different there. Things move at a slower pace. And the place was pretty much empty except for the weekends, it almost felt like all the resort's staff were serving just us.
It was a good break for me and I am psyched for Taiwan now. I have also just turned down my 2.6k opportunity because of an email. I hope I made the right decision. And if I didn't, well too bad.
Room service was expensive by Thailand standards, but the food (mostly western) was alright, if not a tad too salty. Breakfast every morning was wonderful, because it's continental buffet-style and it's FREE. So it always manages to be the biggest meal of our day. I love the fact that our suite had two sinks. How thoughtful. :) We brought cup noodles, so sometimes cup noodles became a part of our meals. And sometimes we took free shuttles out for a meal outside. Trang is sort of like our East Coast Beach and people don't really speak English or understand English there. Even in the resort, only some of them could converse well in English. So it's definitely not a tourist trap. It's about an hour and a half drive away from Krabi International Airport and our resort faces the Andaman Sea, which is beautiful. We had the most amazing time just looking at sunsets.
We are so used to our iPhones, our netbooks, the internet, the use of English, newspapers... but it's different there. Things move at a slower pace. And the place was pretty much empty except for the weekends, it almost felt like all the resort's staff were serving just us.
It was a good break for me and I am psyched for Taiwan now. I have also just turned down my 2.6k opportunity because of an email. I hope I made the right decision. And if I didn't, well too bad.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home