I'm just tired
Because I wanted to try Tom N Toms, I scheduled a meeting with a non-profit there. And I might just go back. It seems so much more homelier than Starbucks. And at a discreet corner of Vivo, it's quiet enough to feel like the whole world is not listening into your conversation. What a jewel. Chiefly, I'm going back because they gave me a rewards card. I'm a sucker for such things.
After the meeting, I went to meet JW. And we headed to Food Republic for our routine calcium fix - to build up JW's collar bone. Had dou jiang and hum ji peng. I swear, that was my first hum ji peng ever. I don't know why I never tasted it before. It seems so much simpler, subtler and yummier than butterfly and I don't feel tired of chewing on the dough. So I might just switch. And it was my second dou jiang today. I love soya bean. Had hei bai from Tiong Bahru Market. Fantastic hei bai! Must encourage driving colleagues to go back soon.
Watched "Sorcerer's Apprentice". If you know me, you know I love shows with mutant powers, special effects or magic, even better if they are made for children. So "Sorcerer's Apprentice" was fantastic for me. :) JW wasn't a fan of the ending though. But I felt the show packed a lot. So that was great.
After the movie, we just had to pop by the Pull & Bear sale. :) Amazing guys stuff. Guys should go take a look. JW escaped with a pair of high cut sneakers and a tee. Happy that at least one of us got something. Somehow, sales just don't cut it with me. Either I don't get my sizes or I don't see anything I really fancy. Saw a pair of white ankle-cut flower boots - not on sale - going at $89.90. Looks really cute. Can go with jeans or short frilly skirts. But somehow, I was a.) afraid that people would look at me weirdly and b.) unwilling to pay so much.
After all that shopping, we felt peckish and headed to Queen and Mangosteen for some food. After 3 times at Queen and Mangosteen, I must say the oil is getting to me. :( Ordered the risotto but didn't finish it. It tasted fantastic at first, but somehow got gelek towards the middle. There was a 1 for 1 special though. Waited freaking long for them to settle my bill cuz apparently the DBS machine couldn't read the cards (I gave mine, JW's and even the person at a neighbouring table had card problems). And then the staff asked if I had another card. I said yes, but not dbs. Does that mean I won't get the discount? The staff told me to call up DBS and check. Like what?! It might not be your fault that the dbs machine has a problem, but if it's a restaurant wide thing, YOU should call DBS, not me. I'm not going to be put on hold and press numbers to get to a DBS operator. And I don't care if the cards could not go through, they had better give me the 1 for 1 discount. Copy my debit card number or something. I shouldn't be made to pay for DBS' machines problems. Luckily for them, my card finally went through after about half an hour of trying. The neighbouring table was not that lucky though. Poor guy continued to be put on hold with dbs.
After the meeting, I went to meet JW. And we headed to Food Republic for our routine calcium fix - to build up JW's collar bone. Had dou jiang and hum ji peng. I swear, that was my first hum ji peng ever. I don't know why I never tasted it before. It seems so much simpler, subtler and yummier than butterfly and I don't feel tired of chewing on the dough. So I might just switch. And it was my second dou jiang today. I love soya bean. Had hei bai from Tiong Bahru Market. Fantastic hei bai! Must encourage driving colleagues to go back soon.
Watched "Sorcerer's Apprentice". If you know me, you know I love shows with mutant powers, special effects or magic, even better if they are made for children. So "Sorcerer's Apprentice" was fantastic for me. :) JW wasn't a fan of the ending though. But I felt the show packed a lot. So that was great.
After the movie, we just had to pop by the Pull & Bear sale. :) Amazing guys stuff. Guys should go take a look. JW escaped with a pair of high cut sneakers and a tee. Happy that at least one of us got something. Somehow, sales just don't cut it with me. Either I don't get my sizes or I don't see anything I really fancy. Saw a pair of white ankle-cut flower boots - not on sale - going at $89.90. Looks really cute. Can go with jeans or short frilly skirts. But somehow, I was a.) afraid that people would look at me weirdly and b.) unwilling to pay so much.
After all that shopping, we felt peckish and headed to Queen and Mangosteen for some food. After 3 times at Queen and Mangosteen, I must say the oil is getting to me. :( Ordered the risotto but didn't finish it. It tasted fantastic at first, but somehow got gelek towards the middle. There was a 1 for 1 special though. Waited freaking long for them to settle my bill cuz apparently the DBS machine couldn't read the cards (I gave mine, JW's and even the person at a neighbouring table had card problems). And then the staff asked if I had another card. I said yes, but not dbs. Does that mean I won't get the discount? The staff told me to call up DBS and check. Like what?! It might not be your fault that the dbs machine has a problem, but if it's a restaurant wide thing, YOU should call DBS, not me. I'm not going to be put on hold and press numbers to get to a DBS operator. And I don't care if the cards could not go through, they had better give me the 1 for 1 discount. Copy my debit card number or something. I shouldn't be made to pay for DBS' machines problems. Luckily for them, my card finally went through after about half an hour of trying. The neighbouring table was not that lucky though. Poor guy continued to be put on hold with dbs.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home