Saturday, August 23, 2008

Food Trail

Yesterday night was Hall 9's Food Trail or what is usually known as 9-5. But this year, it was from 6pm-1am. The year 3 and 4 seniors were mostly put in a group and my group consisted of Bengs, Fionne, YY, JJ, Qun, Michelle, YL, WJ, KB, Pelie, Alan, Jing Kai, me and Joyce from Hall Office. We got onto the bus at 6.50pm liddat and by the time we reached our first stop Bedok 85, it was already 8.30pm and we were starving. Ate the famous soupy bah chor mee, the bbq stingray (which is seriously not value for money, $12 for a small piece), chicken wings, ahballing and oyster omelette or Hao You (I think it's liddat spelled). This oyster omelette was different from the usual one, where there is a lot of flour. This one is all eggs and oysters (though I didn't manage to get any oysters) and you pour this sweet and spicy brown sauce over the oyster omelette. Something new. Ahballing was as usual yummy, the chicken wings were juicy and I really like the soup of the bah chor mee.

We travelled by public transport to our next destination, Geylang, where we walked for quite a bit (cuz we got lost), all the while cracking jokes on starting a new business venture which involved my Hall 9 brothers and me and had to do with pimping and a whole lot of social responsibility. Haha. Our whole group was involved, from Fionne (auditor), Qun (psychologist) to YL (ic of CPFs of our employees). Doing PR for the company and talking about lizards with bombable tails as bouncers was damn funny.

At Geylang, we went to the famous Yong He for tau huay and giant you tiaos and xiao long baos. Yumms! We even had durian at the end. And then we travelled back to Esplanade Park, which is the meeting place.

No objectives, no need to rush, just a lot of good food, conversation and fun. Totally different from how I spent 9-5 last year. I think I'm just not interested in being a GL. Wish we could have gone Settlers again though. But kudos to Jieli and Stanley for organizing this event. Photos are with KB and Alan.

I wanna start thinking about grad trip and I'm glad I have travelling buddies in the form of the Hall 9 Year 4s come 2009/2010. I don't want to think about how maybe we all will have no hall to stay during our final 6 months in hall due to the Youth Olympics 2010 though. Maybe I don't even have to worry about that because Year 3 Sem 1 may be my last Sem in hall, so I shall attempt to enjoy every single bit of it. Whoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home