Endless Feasting
These 2 days, I have been feasting endlessly. First up, was the dimsum lunch buffet on Thursday at Hotel Mirama with the CPs.
I came from hall with YL and GP, and CY tagged along cuz he was going SMU.
YL & me.
The 3 of us travelling down from NTU.
Later at Miramar. Me & HQ.
My beloved co-chief programmers. Wouldn't and couldn't have been able to do FOC 08 without them.
Chao Ji Programmers! Good luck my ex xiao programmers, now CPs! Dim Sum buffet was as usual not bad. Same old lorz. But I had to save stomach space for I was due for another buffet at Miramar later in the night with the 14th JCRC. This time it was Jap buffet.
The food was really very good and we were very lucky in the sense that we got a VIP room all to ourselves and we had our own personal waitress. There were a lot of complementary food too. And we ate till we were all very tired.
Bengs. Oh yahz, there were iced celery and cucumber and carrot sticks on the table. We were considering if we should dapao back for Carmen. Haha.
Bengs & me. There is really a wide variety of Jap things to be ordered. And I was quite satisfied. But Miramar isn't the most accessible area though.
Fio, Micho & Bengs. Bengs seems never to finish that thing on her chopsticks horz? We kept ordering a lot and I think our waitress very cham. Oh, and I tried the pregnant fish thing. One bite and I killed millions. Argh. Tastes not bad, but you think of all the small little bumps inside the fish and you get all disgusted.
Moon & Yingying, who got "drunk" from green tea. Haha.
Moon & me. CS rox!
I ate like super a lot. And I think this buffet may even be better or on par with Kuishinbo. Cuz you don't even need to move and the food is really not bad. But their Kanabe soup still needs some work.
The oldies on the other side. HW really can eat lor. He ate a lot of prawns and a lot of salmon sashimi. Hehe.
I like the ambience and decor of the place. I'm very glad we got our own vip private room, cuz like we were making a lot of noise. Haha.
14th JCRC minus some. Farewell dinner. I paid $20 (micho & hw paid the rest. Thanks, boss!) and I think it's very "Hua". Ermz, that drum is just a prop that we picked out for moon to play with. Haha.
Roomie & me. I can't believe our time in hall 9 is coming to an end. So fast lorz. Remember to bring VJ shirt. Elitist club photo taking. Two buffets in one day. I'm so going to grow fat. =(
And then on Friday, Jessie & me met Daniel from CS. I know, it's a very weird combi, but it was a night filled with mostly intellectual conversation, mixed with TVB dramas and the upkeeping of IMAGE. I think Jessie & me take great pleasure in suan-ing Daniel about him being an "intellectual snob". Haha. It was an evening of quite fine dining, cuz money doesn't seem to be a problem for Daniel. Hmmz.
Jessie & me at Amici in Holland V. Holland V. is like a very nice foodie place to hang out and even at 1am on a Friday night, it's still full of life. It's just inaccessible though (yes, everywhere that is away from the central area and is far far away from the mrt, I will say it's inaccessible). Amici is this Italian place, which has really yummy bread and a wonderful 2 for 1 special. Daniel accidently ordered Bolognaise for me (and I don't take beef), so he insisted on changing the order back to a Carbonara. I think if I was by myself or with probably less outspoken friends, I would have just swapped the Bolognaise with Jessie's Vongole. But I realised now that if you are not outspoken about such things, you will get "eaten". Although, I can't help feeling a little guilty about the whole affair (cuz my parents are in the fnb industry). Thankfully, Daniel settled everything and there wasn't a big quarrel, although the manager did speak to us. Basically, I still got my carbonara at the end.
The main point of meeting at Holland V though, is to visit this quaint place at the corner near the end of the street. The 2am Dessert Bar, where they serve wine rather cheaply and you get to rest on white sofas and stretch your legs. =D I like.
The very nice desserts from the 2am Dessert Bar. Mine was some peanut brittle thing with dark chocolate and it's called Twix. Jessie's was a warm chocolate tart with sorbet and Daniel's was some cheese thing with biscuits. Oh, the desserts are introduced to you and the staff explain to you what your dessert contains. I thought that was quite interesting. Makes it seem very high class. The price also high class. Haha. But, the service was very good and the staff very friendly and they keep refilling my glass of iced water without me prompting them. They also don't make any effort to chase us out even though we were just chit-chatting. But you have to come early, like at 9-10pm, to get the good seats, at the sofa area so that you can just really relax.
The 3 of us, Jessie, me & Daniel (from clockwise).
This man just hopped onto the sofa next to Jessie and I thought it was particularly cute that he didn't bother about his image and just sat there waving his feet from side to side with the bottom of his pants pulled up quite high so that his black socks were just so visible.
And then on Friday, Jessie & me met Daniel from CS. I know, it's a very weird combi, but it was a night filled with mostly intellectual conversation, mixed with TVB dramas and the upkeeping of IMAGE. I think Jessie & me take great pleasure in suan-ing Daniel about him being an "intellectual snob". Haha. It was an evening of quite fine dining, cuz money doesn't seem to be a problem for Daniel. Hmmz.
Talking about shoes, I bought shoes. Yayness! Cuz a pair of mine split opened yesterday. Oh, and it was at 20% off for the second pair. So Jessie bought a pair too. The discount was charged to her pair, but the funny thing was, her pair was the more ex one. I don't get it. But maybe the sales girl blur. Get this offer from Tiong Bahru Plaza.
Ok, I need to go on a diet.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home