15th Anni
Photos from Friday night's gathering can be found on my facebook.
I spent Saturday afternoon playing mini mj with jw, my bro and my father. I had fun. And I kept winning kz. Too bad horz, there was no money involved (maybe that's why I kept winning). I must say playing mini mj is tedious! But, the tiles are still damn cute. So there! Please remember to make a date with me to play mini mj.
And then on Saturday night, another gathering - though this time more formal. Hall 9's 15th Anniversary, somewhere at Bugis. Those traditional wedding dinner type of things. I won't hold my wedding there though. Lots of things sucked. But oh well, I guess it's the company that matters. And it was interesting looking at all those ex-Niners, who are like Kok Wee's age by now and listening to them say that they started the foundations of IHG - wow, that was surreal. Kudos to Daniel for all his hard work. I think more things could be looked into, more effort could be made, but it's a fresh committee, so I didn't expect much anyways. And just something that I observed - while my group of friends and I were drinking "cock, splite, oring zhus" (the aunty really pronounced it liddat!), the older people were drinking cha. Hmmz. Reminds me of Uncle Anthony and his teh orh - hot, no less! And to prove that we were all too old, when the group of us gathered at the lobby after the event, we stared blankly at each other and decided that we were all too tired and that we had to go home. Haha. I told you NTU people were super guai. I brought a camera, but since there were so many other cameras around, I was lazy to take mine out. I'm sure you can see some of the photos on facebook.
I keep thinking about tau huay suppers though.
I spent Saturday afternoon playing mini mj with jw, my bro and my father. I had fun. And I kept winning kz. Too bad horz, there was no money involved (maybe that's why I kept winning). I must say playing mini mj is tedious! But, the tiles are still damn cute. So there! Please remember to make a date with me to play mini mj.
And then on Saturday night, another gathering - though this time more formal. Hall 9's 15th Anniversary, somewhere at Bugis. Those traditional wedding dinner type of things. I won't hold my wedding there though. Lots of things sucked. But oh well, I guess it's the company that matters. And it was interesting looking at all those ex-Niners, who are like Kok Wee's age by now and listening to them say that they started the foundations of IHG - wow, that was surreal. Kudos to Daniel for all his hard work. I think more things could be looked into, more effort could be made, but it's a fresh committee, so I didn't expect much anyways. And just something that I observed - while my group of friends and I were drinking "cock, splite, oring zhus" (the aunty really pronounced it liddat!), the older people were drinking cha. Hmmz. Reminds me of Uncle Anthony and his teh orh - hot, no less! And to prove that we were all too old, when the group of us gathered at the lobby after the event, we stared blankly at each other and decided that we were all too tired and that we had to go home. Haha. I told you NTU people were super guai. I brought a camera, but since there were so many other cameras around, I was lazy to take mine out. I'm sure you can see some of the photos on facebook.
I keep thinking about tau huay suppers though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home