Thursday, October 15, 2009

Durian Cream Puffs Recipe

I don't really have good photos. Sorry, but recipe just for Hui and whoever who wants to make these.

Puffs:
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter or margerine
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Baking cups (can use those for muffins)

Filling:
Durian (I bought 3 boxes for the price of $10)
Whipped cream (1/2 the amount of durian)

Should be able to make 12 puffs. But I baked twice, cuz I had too much durian. So, the durian can fit into 24 puffs.

Preheat oven to 220degree celsius (this is what I used lahz, you guys have to trial and error, different ovens have different settings).
For puffs, in small saucepan combine water, butter and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Add flour all at once. Stir mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon for about one minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms into a ball. Remove from heat; place dough into bowl and add eggs one at a time and mix until smooth and very thick. Using slightly mounded tablespoon, scoop batter into baking cups. Bake 25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven and make a small cut into side of each puff to release excess steam.
For filling, combine cream and durian. Mix the durian flesh, which has been removed from the seeds, with the whipped cream. You can do this while the puffs are baking. Chill mixture.
When the puffs are done, I just spooned the filling into the puffs. But, some people use pastry bags.
Best served refrigerated and topped with icing sugar.


Does anybody want to do chair yoga? Message me by today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home