Sun Festival Gala Opening
Jane and me started our stint as merchandise sellers for the Sun Festival yesterday at 2pm. Yes, yes... I know the term "merchandise sellers" doesn't sound very grand. And indeed it isn't. Haha. It's more like being a programmer in a skirt (cuz I was wearing a skirt) or being a programmer in heels (cuz Jane was wearing heels), setting up the place, carrying stock etc. But I guess that's just all part and parcel of event management. We were "tricked" into being merchandise sellers anywayz, cuz of our very packed year 3 schedules. =(
Dinner was not provided and before long, our stomaches were growling and the merchandise sellers trooped over to Long John Silver all the way at Marina Square at 4+ (early dinner means hungry stomachs later =().
After changing into our blue polo tees and trying to spruce up our carts some more, it was show time, with the first concert-goer coming into the place.
Things I learnt from being a merchandise seller for the Sun Festival:
1. People do buy programmes ($5).
2. It's tiring when you have nothing to do while waiting for the jammed cash register to open.
3. Concert-goers expect you to be ushers as well. =(
4. People are getting richer everyday, bringing their kids to such events, etc.
5. The Sun Festival's blue umbrellas look strangely like branding for Guardian Pharmacy.
6. People get irritated when they are late for concerts (moral of story, don't expect to get a car park, don't be late!).
7. There are people who collect Sun Festival memoribilia (someone bought a shirt last year and wanted another one in another design this year).
8. The upper levels get lesser sales.
9. If you put your own evian mineral water and fiji water behind you on your sales counter, people think you sell water too.
10. Concert-goers are generally honest. They will wait for you to get oriented again, before handing you their cash. And there was this one guy who thought people were walking away with our concert programmes and came to inform us, which is very sweet of him, cuz everything has to be accountable for, although those people were just walking away with the Sun Times and the other Sun Festival brochure, which were all complimentary.
I'm just shagged, I dunno why, cuz the work isn't very tiring. But still. And I'm just sad. Cuz Jane and me can't go Shangrila no more cuz they need people who are experienced with the cash registers to come down to the esplanade today. =( And I can't wear my new black dress. Pity. Or look at what a wine auction is like. So, if you guys are like so darn free, please please visit Jane and me at the concert hall at the esplanade and buy an umbrella, tshirt or cap from us. =) We will love you for that. Not that we get commission or anything, but it's just that today we aren't gonna sell programmes or cds, so I don't expect sales to be wonderful and I don't want to be SO BORED.
Dinner was not provided and before long, our stomaches were growling and the merchandise sellers trooped over to Long John Silver all the way at Marina Square at 4+ (early dinner means hungry stomachs later =().
After changing into our blue polo tees and trying to spruce up our carts some more, it was show time, with the first concert-goer coming into the place.
Things I learnt from being a merchandise seller for the Sun Festival:
1. People do buy programmes ($5).
2. It's tiring when you have nothing to do while waiting for the jammed cash register to open.
3. Concert-goers expect you to be ushers as well. =(
4. People are getting richer everyday, bringing their kids to such events, etc.
5. The Sun Festival's blue umbrellas look strangely like branding for Guardian Pharmacy.
6. People get irritated when they are late for concerts (moral of story, don't expect to get a car park, don't be late!).
7. There are people who collect Sun Festival memoribilia (someone bought a shirt last year and wanted another one in another design this year).
8. The upper levels get lesser sales.
9. If you put your own evian mineral water and fiji water behind you on your sales counter, people think you sell water too.
10. Concert-goers are generally honest. They will wait for you to get oriented again, before handing you their cash. And there was this one guy who thought people were walking away with our concert programmes and came to inform us, which is very sweet of him, cuz everything has to be accountable for, although those people were just walking away with the Sun Times and the other Sun Festival brochure, which were all complimentary.
I'm just shagged, I dunno why, cuz the work isn't very tiring. But still. And I'm just sad. Cuz Jane and me can't go Shangrila no more cuz they need people who are experienced with the cash registers to come down to the esplanade today. =( And I can't wear my new black dress. Pity. Or look at what a wine auction is like. So, if you guys are like so darn free, please please visit Jane and me at the concert hall at the esplanade and buy an umbrella, tshirt or cap from us. =) We will love you for that. Not that we get commission or anything, but it's just that today we aren't gonna sell programmes or cds, so I don't expect sales to be wonderful and I don't want to be SO BORED.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home